Happy New Year! 2022 is off and running, and I hope you’re getting into gear for acceleration.
As we define our goals for 2022, it’s good to reflect and define what type of acceleration you want to manifest: with whole heart and spirit. Boosting health is always foremost for me – for my body and mind, family, community and Earth, our home. Health is the core of true prosperity and an area of transition as we hopefully quantum leap transformation this year, creating a smaller ecological footprint, less stress/ optimal heart rate variability, and a green dashboard of metrics.
November’s COP26 global summit showed we need to step it up in all we do and that time for massive CO2 reduction is running out! This includes not only getting everyone at the table, but encouraging all to do more. To help us step it up, I’m thrilled to share with you my most recent Regen360 podcast and its companion video with the greenbiz warrior and strategic thought leader Joel Makower. Joel was one of the first green business journalists, starting four decades ago, and up through this day, he’s continually pushing us to break through paradigms that degrade and invent those that flourish. He is the Chairman and Co-founder of GreenBiz Group, lead author of the annual “State of Green Business” report, and The New Grand Strategy: Restoring America’s Prosperity, Security and Sustainability in the 21st Century.
The interview is inspiring and can help show us a path forward in 2022. We talk about:
- ESG growing pains as we define concrete standards, and emerge out of the “Wild West.” As Joel says: “It’s all about scale, scope and speed of change.”
- “Who’s in the tent?” Are there good and bad green businesses, or is it about getting all to be part of the conversation?
- Is it about making more money, or managing risk?
- We need Elon Musks in every industry, “willing to jump off the cliff, bring others along, and create something the world really needs by orders of magnitude.”
- Joel quotes Steven Covey, that “change happens at the speed of trust.” How do we accelerate trust: in our own visions, inventions, stakeholders, investors, the public and governments?
Joel Makower is a true journalist at heart and shows us the true path forward for the greening of business. More than ever, the world and our kids need us to step it up this year and put points on the scoreboard of Earth that truly regenerate and create lasting wealth and value for all living.
Wishing you a great year of health and productivity, as well as fulfillment and personal growth.